all in a couple evenings of work

We had been hemming and hawing over what to put on the backside of the a-frame since we arrived here. It never got sided, so it just had black tar paper covering it, so I can’t imagine where all the mice got in. We are running out of money big time, so we were stressing about it. Should we just cover it with Tyvek until spring? Should we just cover it with shingles since we have to buy some anyway? Should we just do the inevitable and buy some siding for it?

Then last Thursday after class, Bryan had a duh moment, proclaiming that THAT was what we should do with all the mouse pissy pine car siding that on the walls inside. We turned it inside out so that the waterproofing stain faced in and the rough hewn side was out. It looks just like the siding we put on the camper and it cost exactly zero dollars. That night we sided half the cabin and Friday the 13th we finished it off before our friends Kelly and Jason arrived for the weekend. It was one of very few of these projects that went smoothly the first time and we needed that. Before the snow flies we’ll stain it the same color as the front siding and it is done!

siding

One thought on “all in a couple evenings of work

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s